Here is a resource for your youth group to use to talk about Wellness when in online settings.
Once you are connected on a videoconference, click on the wheel. Whatever the wheel ends on then scroll do to that section to do the activity and questions.
- How have your relationships strengthened in the last few weeks?
- How have they weakened?
- What is one thing you could do to help nurture an existing relationship, including your relationship with yourself?
ACTIVITY: Grab a piece of paper and a pen and write out something kind either for someone in your family or for yourself and tape it up in a place they’ll see it!
- What are the three primary emotions you’ve been feeling lately?
- What causes your emotions to change?
- What things affect your emotions positively/negatively?
ACTIVITY: Choose one emotion you’ve been feeling lately and take a selfie/picture that describes that emotion best.
Rest & Play:
- Have you been taking intentional rest time? Or playtime? Not just zoning out on Netflix/video games?
- Have you invited anyone in your family to do something purely for fun together?
- When you do relax, do you feel like God is present in new ways in those moments?
ACTIVITY: Silly Jokes – Each person takes a turn to tell the corniest joke they can think of (you can look it up online) to try and make everyone else laugh. If you laugh, you’re out.
- Have you made any time for a solely spiritual activity at home? Online worship/prayer?
- What is one thing you could do this week to make some space for God?
- Where do find God when you can’t be in church each week?
ACTIVITY: Go find one thing in your house that represents spirituality/God to you? Show n’ Tell time! What is the item and what is its significance to you?
- Where do you feel pressure to succeed?
- What places do you feel happiest?
ACTIVITY: QUICK DRAW – You have 90 seconds to draw all the things that are important to you. Family/Friends/Studies/Activities
- What kinds of things do you find yourself forgetting lately?
- How can we help prevent the days from running together…What do you do to help yourself feel mentally organized?
- Have you noticed other ways people around you stay “organized” – like what habits seem to help them stay focused and calm?
ACTIVITY: Look at the calendar for this date next year…write down/mark one thing you want to plan to do that day and share it with everyone!
- When you feel knocked down or depressed what do you do to improve your mood?
- Who is an example of someone who shows you resilience? Either in your life, or maybe someone from history or famous?
ACTIVITY: Scar stories – what’s the weirdest injury you still have a scar from?
Care for the Body:
- How are you sleeping/eating/exercising?
- Have you considered inviting a family member to do something fun and healthy with you?
- Have you cooked any meals that were particularly tasty?
ACTIVITY: FOOD PYRAMID CHALLENGE – 3 things from your pantry, try to find the item with the most of each:
The person with the highest number in each category wins!
Created by Emma Mitchell (firstname.lastname@example.org) at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Fayetteville, AR
For more Resources and info on the Living Compass Teen Wellness Program and resources go to https://www.livingcompass.org/teens